Tackling Chronic Disease in the Gulf Region: Swings and Roundabouts
Institute of Public Health, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, United Arab Emirates University, Al Ain, AE
- The GCC is experiencing unprecedented life style diseases such as obesity and diabetes.
- Regional efforts are required toward policy, health care, education and workforce.
- Progress is seen with universal health care and cardiovascular disease programs in Abu Dhabi, and regional salt reduction.
- Such efforts should now be considered at region-wide level.
- Consideration should be given to the shift in health burden as the young population ages.
01 Dec 2016.